Improvement notices


  • Applications by a local housing authority for an order that a person profiting from the local housing authority taking action in respect of an improvement notice makes payment to the local housing authority (Application Form RPT13).


  • Appeals against a decision of the local housing authority to vary an improvement notice or to refuse to revoke or vary it (Application Form RPT10);
  • appeals about service (Application Form RPT11):
    • against the service of an improvement notice; or
    • against an improvement notice, made by the person who has been served the notice and where it is included as a ground that somebody else as owner of the premises should take action or pay costs relating to an improvement notice; and
  • appeals against a demand for recovery of certain expenses where the local housing authority has taken action without agreement under an improvement notice (Application Form RPT12).

Our guidance booklet contains important information about applications, time-limits and the tribunal’s procedures (Residential Property Tribunals: Houses in Multiple Occupation and selective Licensing – Guidance Booklet RPT-G3).