Appealing against a tribunal decision

Residential Property Tribunal Wales

Rent Assessment Committees

Our decision is final. If however you think there is a mistake in law a party can appeal to the Upper Tribunal (Lands Chamber) under section 65A of the Rent Act 1977. Notice of appeal must be received by the Upper Tribunal (Lands Chamber) within 1 month after the date on which the notice of the decision being appealed was sent to that party. Parties may wish to take legal advice if they consider that there might be grounds for Upper Tribunal (Lands Chamber) proceedings.

Leasehold Valuation Tribunals and Residential Property Tribunals

Our decision is final. If you think there is a technical problem, such as a typographical or clerical error you can ask the Tribunal to issue a correction certificate.  We will not review our decision simply because you are not happy with it.  Please write to the Tribunal advising there has been a technical problem within 28 calendar days of the date of the letter we sent with the decision.

If you think that the decision is wrong in law you can appeal to the Lands Chamber of the Upper Tribunal but you must first apply to us for permission to appeal. Information about making an appeal and the time-limit for doing so can be found in our guidance booklets.

Guidance booklets and application forms can be downloaded from this website or if you would like a copy sent to you, please contact us.